If you've never tried hominy before it's surprisingly good. It adds a great texture to this soup and also acts as natural thickener.
- 2 cups rottiserie chicken or poached chicken breast (shredded or cubed)
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oile
- 1 medium jalapeno chile, finely chopped
- 3 anaheim chilies, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14 oz can white hominy
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- avocado, sliced to garnish
Based on recipe from America's Test Kitchen.