Lemon Crusted Salmon
2 Tbsp mayonaise
1 lemon, juiced and zested
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tbps chopped flat leaf italian parsley
1 tbsp olive oil
2 salmon filets
Preheat oven to 400. Combine mayo and lemon in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs, olive oil and parsley. Season salmon lightly with salt and pepper. Place on greased baking pan and top with mayo/lemon mixture then top with breadcrumbs. Bake on ~12 minutes.
Artichoke Stuffed with Gorgonzola
Source: Giada De Laurentis
UPDATE - As evidenced by the food on this blog, I don't mind rich food, but this was a little much, even for me. I think I prefer the traditional method with a side of melted butter. Follow the directions in the first paragragh, but extend the cooking time to 45 minutes - 1 hour (depending on the size of the artichokes).
- 4 artichokes
- 3 lemons, plus 1 lemon
- 10 ounces mild Gorgonzola cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Trim the artichokes by cutting off the top 1-inch or so. Cut the stem close to the base of the artichoke so the artichoke can sit up straight, and remove some of the bottom leaves. Using kitchen shears, trim the sharp points off of any remaining outer leaves. Add the artichokes to the boiling water. Halve the lemons and squeeze the juice into the boiling water. Toss in the lemons. Cook the artichokes until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain the artichokes and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together the Gorgonzola, cream, thyme, 2 teaspoons parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper. In another small bowl stir together the bread crumbs and remaining 1 tablespoon of parsley.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Remove the center choke of the artichokes using a small spoon. Stuff the cheese mixture into the center of the artichokes. Place the artichokes into a baking dish. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the top of the artichokes. Drizzle the tops of the artichokes with olive oil. Bake until the artichokes are heated through, the cheese is melted, and the bread crumbs are crisp and golden, about 25 minutes. Transfer the artichokes to a serving dish and serve.