Crustless Quiche w/ Leeks, Goat Cheese (Source: Rachael Ray)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 leeks--dark green parts discarded and stems quartered lengthwise, cut into thin, 2-inch-long strips, then rinsed well and drained
- Coarse salt and white pepper
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- A few drops hot sauce, such as Tobasco
- A few drops worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces brie, rind trimmed, cut into 8 equal pieces
- 3 scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees . In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat until frothy and brown around the edges of the pan; remove from the heat. Stir in the leeks and return the pan to medium heat; season with salt and pepper. Cook until the leeks are slightly tender but not soft, about 3 minutes. Spread on a baking sheet; refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, add the eggs, whisking to break them up. Crumble in the goat cheese and whisk until the mixture looks fairly smooth; season lightly with salt and pepper. Whisk in the cream, milk, hot sauce and worcestershire.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking dish. Fill it evenly with the chilled leeks, then pour in the egg mixture. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and layer the brie pieces on top. Bake again until the quiche is slightly browned and just set, 10 to 15 minutes. let cool for 20 to 30 minutes. Slice into 8 even squares and top with the scallions.
Banana Crunch Muffins Source: Brandy's Baking
Ingredients:3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3 large eggs
3/4 cup whole milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 bananas)
1 cup medium-diced ripe bananas (1 banana)
1 cup small-diced walnuts (optional)
1 1/4 cup granola
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the melted butter and blend. Combine the eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas, and add them to the flour-and-butter mixture. Scrape the bowl and blend well. Don't overmix.
Fold the diced bananas, walnuts, and 1 cup of the granola into the batter. Spoon the batter into the paper liners, filling each almost to the top. Top each muffin with remaining 1/4 cup granola. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tops are brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool slightly, remove from the pan, and serve.